About the Workshop:
A Monochrome Pet Portrait Pastel Painting workshop is an excellent opportunity to learn the art of creating stunning pastel portraits of your beloved furry companions. In a typical workshop, participants will be guided through the process of capturing their pet’s essence in shades of a single color, resulting in elegant and timeless artworks.
Outline of a Monochrome Pet Portrait Pastel Painting workshop:
- Welcome participants and introduce the instructor.
- Briefly discuss the technique of monochrome pastel painting and its benefits.
- Emphasize the importance of capturing the pet’s personality and emotions through the use of light and shadow.
Materials and Techniques
- Familiarize participants with the various types of pastel pencils and their characteristics.
- Demonstrate basic pastel painting techniques, such as layering, blending, and using different strokes to create texture.
- Introduce the concept of tonal values and how to establish a range of values for the monochrome portrait.
Design and Sketching
- Provide guidance on selecting a suitable reference photo that captures the pet’s essence.
- Assist participants in sketching the outline of their pet’s form onto the pastel paper using a soft pencil.
- Emphasize the importance of accurate proportions and capturing the pet’s unique features.
Creating the Monochrome Palette
- Guide participants in selecting a single color that complements their pet’s fur or features.
- Discuss mixing and blending techniques to create a range of values within the chosen color.
- Emphasize the importance of maintaining consistency in the color throughout the painting.
Rendering the Pet Portrait
- Assist participants in applying pastels, starting with the darkest values to establish shadows and define contours.
- Encourage gradual blending to create smooth tonal transitions and capture the subtle nuances of fur texture.
- Emphasize the importance of paying attention to details like eyes, fur patterns, and facial expressions.
Refining and Finishing
- Guide participants in stepping back and evaluating their paintings, making adjustments to values,blending, and details as needed.
- Demonstrate techniques for smudging excess pastel dust and achieving a polished finish.
- Encourage participants to add their personal touches and signature to their completed artworks.
What is included in this Workshop:
All participants will receive high quality products consist of pastel, paper, and blending tools to bring back after the workshop.
About the Artist:
– If you have missed a lesson, not to worry, make-up lessons can always be arrange. Contact us: +65 91070532(Whatsapp Only)
– Once registered, no refund for those who wish to withdraw their participation. However, we reserve the right to amend or cancel (full refund) this workshop with prior notice to all participants.
– In line with the PDPA regulations, during the lesson, TASA Gallery will be taking photographs and recording video of the workshop. By registering this workshop, participants are deemed to have given consent to be photographed, videoed or recorded in these medium as may be necessary for purposes such as publicity, illustration, advertising and web consent.
Venue: TASA GALLERY ART STUDIO – Kong Beng Industrial @ 41 Jalan Pemimpim, #01-03 Singapore 577186