About the Workshop:
Join us in a contemporary exploration of the mandala and discover the relaxing practice of drawing mandalas using line works and pattern techniques. Based on symmetry and
mindfulness, you will be guided through the ways of deciding a concept, channeling inspiration and setting an intention to create mandalas that are unique to you.
At this 3-hour workshop, participants will be introduced to:
- The meaning and definition of Mandalas
- Tools and material
- Ways to outline a design
- Lines and pattern exercises with pens.
What is included in this Workshop:
All participants will receive high quality products consist of Drawing Tools and Papers to bring back after the workshop.
About the Artist:
Queenie Kou is a Singaporean artist whose personal art journey began as a child, where she spent many happy hours doodling and coloring. There being no formal art lessons offered in schools during her schooldays she resorted to creating illustrations for her homework at every opportunity.
Amidst her busy working life, she took time off weekly to engage in various forms of creative art. Whilst working, she completed a two- year Certificate of Western Art programme at the Nanyang Academy of Fine Arts in 1993. Since then, visual art had been a favorite hobby. In 2014, Queenie left her regular job to devote herself fully to her art. She now paints from her home-studio in oil, acrylics, gouache, pastel, alcohol ink as well as in mixed media. Loving the luminosity that transparent paint can produce, she applies this glazing technique to most of her works. Ever curious, Queenie approaches her art with a playful attitude and a deep desire to discover the ways different medium work so as to create what she wants to express. Her paintings could be described as realism based on abstract structures. Her works have been featured at several local and overseas exhibitions.
A qualified teacher with the Ministry of Education, her love for teaching has also seen her engaged in teaching art classes in Singapore with both the young and old, island wide. To engage a wider audience in the community, Queenie is also a dotting art teacher and a certified Nagomi instructor.
You can follow her on instagram @qkousk or view her art work at Queenie Kou Art Page in Facebook.
– If you have missed a lesson, not to worry, make-up lessons can always be arrange. Contact us: +65 91070532(Whatsapp Only)
– Once registered, no refund for those who wish to withdraw their participation. However, we reserve the right to amend or cancel (full refund) this workshop with prior notice to all participants.
– In line with the PDPA regulations, during the lesson, TASA Gallery will be taking photographs and recording video of the workshop. By registering this workshop, participants are deemed to have given consent to be photographed, videoed or recorded in these medium as may be necessary for purposes such as publicity, illustration, advertising and web consent.
Venue: TASA GALLERY ART STUDIO – Kong Beng Industrial @ 41 Jalan Pemimpim, #01-03 Singapore 577186