About the workshop:
No time to join the 3 day “Playnting Masterclass: Embody the Rhythm of Art”? No stress, just like all those ‘sped-up’ versions of mainstream songs you hear on TikTok and Instagram, we offer a crash course for you to understand the gist of Playnting! This is a compressed version of the full masterclass so each component will not be explored thoroughly, though just enough, due to time constraints.
Key components you will learn:
- Drumming – Theory & Application
- Color – Theory & Application
- Playnting – Theory & Application
*For more info kindly check out “Playnting Masterclass: Embody the Rhythm of Art”.
To create and take home final ‘Playnting’ artworks on:
- Canvas board
- Canvas tote bag
Guided hands-on participation will be carried out to reinforce the concepts and methods shared during the workshop.
Playnting captures the imprint of your subconscious reality. Every stroke and color portrayed is an extension and reflection of you.
What will you discover about yourself?
About the Instructor:
Khaitama, an artist who visualises rhythm by creating his own technique of painting with drumsticks which he later coined ‘Playnting’. The amalgamation of music and visual arts allows Khaitama to seamlessly express how one feels, be it his own or of his subject, through the fluid yet aggressive, and at times subtle, motions of the drumsticks. Aspiring to launch and spearhead a new art movement of multi-sensory engagement that is holistic and humane, Khaitama hopes each individual to better understand and empower themselves, as well as others. Playnting is an introspective and communal language which is therapeutic and lots of fun!
– High-probability of paint splashing onto each participant. Ponchos will be provided but we strongly recommend participants to come in with clothes and footwear you wouldn’t mind getting paint on.
– In line with the PDPA regulations, during the lesson, TASA Gallery will be taking photographs and recording video of the workshop. By registering this workshop, participants are deemed to have given consent to be photographed, videoed or recorded in these medium as may be necessary for purposes such as publicity, illustration, advertising and web consent.
Venue: TASA GALLERY MAIN AREA – Kong Beng Industrial Building @ 41 Jalan Pemimpim, #01-04 Singapore 577186