About the Workshop:
A Batik “wood block print” in watercolor style.
Learn how to paint flowers using the Ink Resist Technique with masking fluid and ink to create images reminiscent of a wood block print.
- What is Resist Technique?
- Minimize line work, composition and balance.
- Application of masking fluid dots and line.
- Mixing of ink and color control.
- Removal of masking fluid and final touch up.
- Enjoy your “wood block print” without the hustle and bustle of knocking and bang.
In this workshop, there will be a short warm up exercise, so that you can understand how it works. Also, there will be a full length demonstration of the entire process from planning through to the final adjustments where Francis will share as many tips and ideas as possible.
What is included in this Workshop:
All participants will receive high quality products consist of watercolor paper and other painting tools to bring back after the workshop.
About the Artist:
Francis is a Florist, Visual Artist and Art Educator. His art is spontaneous and inspired by his love for Architecture and Nature. A retail Visual Merchandiser by training. His versatile sketching style is fast, detailed and unplanned.
His works can be viewed on IG @theofrancis2, theofrancis.blogspot.sg and Facebook
He conducts regular sketching workshops for Schools and JCs, Libraries and Local Communities.
He is also a prolific Urban Sketcher.
– Once registered, no refund for those who wish to withdraw their participation. However, we reserve the right to amend or cancel (full refund) this workshop with prior notice to all participants.
– Promotional vouchers cannot be used to register for our courses and workshops unless otherwise stated.
– In line with the PDPA regulations, during the lesson, TASA Gallery will be taking photographs and recording video of the workshop. By registering this workshop, participants are deemed to have given consent to be photographed, videoed or recorded in these medium as may be necessary for purposes such as publicity, illustration, advertising and web consent.
Venue: OVERJOYED WORKSHOP SPACE – The Cathay @ 2 Handy Road, #B1-11 Singapore 229233
There are no reviews yet.